Bruxism/TMJ Therapy in The Woodlands, TX
Bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching) is a common habit, and one that occurs unconsciously either during the day or more commonly, while a person is sleeping. If your case is left untreated, it leads to unpleasant consequences like dental damage, painful headaches, and complications associated with TMJ disorder over time. At Bear Branch Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Kelly LeBlanc and Dr. Virgil Gutierrez offer the ideal treatment solution: a custom crafted nightguard. Don’t hesitate to contact our The Woodlands, TX practice today to learn more, or if you’d ready to schedule your first appointment. We also welcome patients from nearby Conroe, and beyond.
Do I suffer from bruxism?
Your regular check-up every six months is a perfect time to ask either Dr. LeBlanc or Dr. Gutierrez about needing a nightguard. Some telltale symptoms you can look for at home include:
- Teeth that are inexplicably weakened, flatter, fractured, loose, or otherwise damaged with no clear reason
- Inexplicable damage to your cheeks or other soft tissue located throughout the mouth
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Soreness or pain located in the jaw or face
- Painful headaches that seem to originate from your temples
- Discomfort or ringing located in the ears
A Customized Solution
It’s virtually impossible to stop an unconscious habit on your own – that’s why you need the professional, personalized attention our team offers at Bear Branch Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. We provide a personalized nightguard that protects teeth and jaw joints from the ill effects of grinding and clenching during sleep, minimizing damage and helping you rest easy. Stress management, facial massage, and more relaxation techniques may also be helpful in combating bruxism.