March 5, 2017
You’ve had dentures for about three years now, and they’re still not completely natural. You want a better solution, especially for the bottom row – the slipping when you speak and chew is embarrassing. What alternative treatment can increase your jaw strength and give you the stay-put smile you long for? Dental implants in The Woodlands from Bear Branch Family Dentistry are the superior solution for one, two, or an entire row missing teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
As your premier dentist in The Woodlands, Dr. Virgilio Gutierrez and Dr. Kelly LeBlanc explain that dental implants are made of three components:
- Implant – The implant itself is a biocompatible titanium post that will be surgically placed in your jaw. This will become the secure foundation for the rest of your replacement tooth. You’ll have oral surgery as the first step in the process, and you’ll need about 3-6 months for the post to fuse with your jaw in a process called osseointegration. At that point, the other pieces can be added.
- Abutment – This is the connecting piece between the implant and- the tooth-shaped “cap.” Once the implant is strong enough, the abutment will then be affixed to the post.
- Crown – This is the part of the replacement that looks like the tooth. The long-lasting, natural-looking porcelain dental crown will be secured to the abutment after that part is added, restoring your smile to its former glory.
How Many Teeth Can I Replace With Dental Implants?
Implants are a great solution for missing teeth, no matter how many blank spots there are in your grin. We offer the following options for artificial upgrades:
- Single Tooth Implants – Just like they sound, these are made of one post and one crown. This is generally the most straightforward implant procedure and are great for one or two missing teeth.
- Implant-Retained Bridges – Using two posts as the anchors, we can add multiple artificial teeth, or pontics, in a row, securing a bridge in place to make chewing and speaking easier.
- All-On-4 Dental Implants – If you’re missing an entire row of teeth, this is the solution that will interest you. Our experienced pros can implant four posts in your jaw to serve as the anchor points, and your row of dentures can snap in securely – staying in place in every situation and looking great in the process.
Whatever the amount of teeth you have replaced, you can rest assured that your artificial teeth will be natural looking and long lasting – with proper care, they can last indefinitely. And, since dental implants stimulate jawbone tissue growth, you won’t face the problem of receding gums and bone loss from dentures.
Now that you know what dental implants are and that they’re the superior solution for one, two, or a whole row of teeth, schedule your appointment with Bear Branch Family Dentistry today and make your smile brilliant again!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.